I was Featured on Byrdie.com!

Jane Wonder || The Secret to South African Women's Amazing Skin, as featured in Byrdie.com

Hiya everyone ♡

A few weeks ago I received an email from a lady named Lindsey. She said she was from Byrdie and wanted to know if I would help them with an article. 

I was very skeptical. Why would Byrdie contact me, of all people? I am certainly not the authority when it comes to beauty blogging. Where did she get my name? Is she really from Byrdie?

So, I first checked the email address. It was lindsey.***@byrdie.com, so that seemed legit. I then went on a little internet stalk, as one does, and found that Lindsey has written for not only Byrdie, but also for StyleCaster - these are two websites I follow religiously so I was literally jumping up and down from excitement and Skyping my best friend to share the news.

Lindsey asked me for help on an article about skincare 'secrets' from South Africa, something native to our country that isn't obvious to their (mostly) American readers. I assumed, with my many concerns, that she must have contacted a few local beauty bloggers and in order to be featured I better respond a quickly as possible with a stellar recommendation. 

I sent her some info on Fynbos, which is native to the west coast of South Africa, and two days later she posted the article! I almost threw up when I saw my name and blog name on Byrdie.com, my heart was pounding and the feeling of 'about to pass out' was upon me. 

This is definitely a career highlight for me, I hope that you share the happiness with me.

You can read the article here.

Jane Wonder || The Secret to South African Women's Amazing Skin, as featured in Byrdie.com

Labels: , , , , ,