• Beauty • Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review

• Beauty • Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review • Jane Wonder

Hiya everyone 

I was sent a few of the new Neutogena Hydro Boost products to test out and, boy, have they come in handy! I have been travelling so much in the last few weeks, constant flights between Durban and Johannesburg, and my skin was taking a beating! 

I'm sure you've experienced it before, as soon as you start to ascend to a higher altitude (i.e. flying in general or travelling between cities such as Durban and Johannesburg) you start to feel your facial skin tightening and your lips needing a couple extra coats of lip balm. Well, try doing that every week!

My Neutogena Hydro Boost products couldn't have come at a better time! 

I was sent three products, their Hydro Boost Cleanser Micellar Water, Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser and their Hydro Boost Gel Cream Moisturiser.

Hydro Boost it certainly does! 

My favourite product of the lot was the Gel Cream Moisturiser! The texture of the product is unbelievable and the fragrance is super fresh and clean. In my few weeks of using it, it certainly did a great job of keeping my skin hydrated! My only qualm was that it was slightly too hydrating when I was in Durban as it has been so hot and humid lately! Don't get my wrong, I'll take oilier skin over dry skin any day (oiler skin doesn't crack/wrinkle) but I have proffered using it when I am in the harsher Johannesburg climate.

Neutrogena cleansers are my absolute favourite drugstore cleansers, so it was no surprise to me that I loved their new Hydro Boost offering! I already use their Fresh Foaming Cleanser (which I believe is a fave of Kim Kardashian) and their Spot Clearing Facial Wash which I can't live without. Again, the texture and fragrance of this cleanser is tops, my skin doesn't feel squeaky clean (i.e. taught) after using it, and it also has an "open-close" turning pump which helps when I travel. 

I was neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed by the Micellar Water, I was just "whelmed" as Bianca would say in 10 Things I Hate About You. Micellar water is such a hyped about product these days and I have tried a bunch! This one did the job, but I can't really tell a huge difference between this, my Garnier Pure Active (I haven't tried the Oil Infused one yet) and Bioderma Micellar Water. Maybe this is a good thing though? It's equally as good as other leading micellar waters.

Hyaluronic acid is the active ingredient in this range. It's moisture-binding characteristic is exceptionally important when it comes to skin aging. One of the qualities of youthful skin is its ability to hold water and retain a balanced amount of moisture. As we age, our skin loses the ability to maintain this vital, plumping moisture as well as it once did. The result is visible loss of firmness, pliability, and diminished appearance of plumpness and suppleness.


Hyaluronic acid can enhance moisture content beyond comparison with anything else, and at the same time revitalize skin’s outer layers so they look and feel softer, smoother, and, especially, radiantly hydrated! That’s how it instantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid is quite high up in the ingredient list so that is always a plus, which is especially great for a drugstore product.

You can grab The Neutrogena Hydro Boost range from Dischem stores and online for the following prices:
Hydro Boost Cleanser Micellar Water 200m - R95.75
Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser 200m - R95.75
Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser 50m- R129
Hydro Boost Gel Cream Moisturiser 50m - R199
Hydro Boost 25s Facial Wipes - R95.75

• Find me on social media 
Instagram: @CJaneWonder
Twitter: @CJaneWonder
Snapchat: CamGildenhuys
YouTube: Camilla Jane Gild

I would really appreciate a follow! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,