September Favourites ♡


Hiya everyone ♡

It's favourites time again! This month I thought I wouldn't just include beauty products, I have also covered my fashion, TV and YouTube favourites! 

Let's get to it.



Marc Anthony Volumizing Collagen Bamboo Thickening Cream

Formulated for thin, fine, weak or brittle hair.  The Volumizing Collagen Bamboo collection helps you to get extra thick, full, strong hair, it transforms weak, flat, lifeless hair with the strengthening power of bamboo and the extra thickening and plumping power of collagen.  An added dose of biotin and silica offer conditioning, protection and support strength.

This is my #1 favourite product this month, it is the first time a product has actual fulfilled its promise of fuller hair! I wash my hair as I normally would and towel dry. I then take some thickening cream and apply through the lengths of my hair and blow dry. My hair is noticeably thicker, from a visual point of view and also from a feel point of view. It does, however, leave my hair feeling a little dry (as opposed to usually making my hair oily) so I make sure I use a treatment when I next wash and condition my hair.

The Extra Volume Thickening Cream goes for R139.95 at Dis-Chem stores nationwide.



Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois 

The liquid lipstick trend is in full swing, so I have been trying any brand and colour I can find! I did buy 8 LA Girl Matte Pigment Gloss, but I found it to be drying and sticky. LA Girl has a wider range of colours, but I prefer Bourjois because of its amazing, irresistible formula. Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matte and velvety colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet, for about 6 hours. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.

The Rouge Edition Velvets go for 139.95 at Clicks.



Tweezerman Point Tweezers

I had the most amazing tweezers for years, and then, whilst trying to help a colleague cut through her cable-tied bags - they bent beyond repair :( I didn't even get a thank you from her for trying to help and I was left with no tweezers!

The hunt began to find tweezers that were remotely as amazing as my old one, I had been given so many in the last few years and none of them had ever compared. So, I went and bought a R100 one from a local beauty salon, fail. 

I had seen a pair from Woolworths that looked exactly what I needed, but they were R300! I didn't know if I could justify spending that much on a pair of tweezers... but then I saw Not Another Poppie's blog post here and I knew I had to bite the bullet - and this baby did not disappoint

The finely tapered, precision points are perfectly aligned, making them ideal for ingrowns, and baby-fine brow and facial hair. Tweezing a few stray brows was never quicker! 

The Tweezerman Point Tweezers go for R299.99 from Woolworths, you can also find them at Dischem.



Rose Gold Aviator Sunglasses

Another fun story... I had a pair of beautiful rose gold aviators that I bought at Primark for £2, but during a bit of a raucous wedding celebration the best man ran off with them and they were LOST! Goodbye fave sunnies...

I saw these babies at YDE in Gateway the other day and knew they were the replacement pair, even though they were almost 6 times more expensive!

The rose gold colour, mirrored lenses and aviator shape tick all the trendy boxes, so if you can't afford Raybans then these are a great alternative!

You can buy these Aviator Sunglasses at YDE for R220.




Marble Rings

Marble is such a trendy texture right now, from home accessories to fashion pieces. I saw these gorgeous rings at MRP and knew I had to have them. I bought them as part of two different packs, but still worth every cent! The gold rings that accompany the marble rings are beautiful too.



Scream, the TV Series

I forgot how much I love horrors! I have watched the first few episodes of Scream Queens and am SO disappointed! It is so silly and not at all scary. I am all about being on the edge of my seat and trying to figure out who the killer is, did I mention CSI is one of my favourite TV series of all time? 

My sister told me that she has been watching Scream, and I was like "the movie series from 10 years ago?". She informed me that MTV have made the wildly successful Wes Craven movie series into a TV series and that, wait for it, it is GOOD! It is based on the premise of the Scream movies, but with a new set of victims (ahem) characters. I have watched the first 4 episodes and I m obsessed! You can watch the trailer here.



Michelle Phan - YouTuber

Michelle Phan is the perfect YouTuber to watch if you need inspiration or hep with Halloween makeup and outfits, or any dress up for that matter! Go watch her amazing transformation tutorials here

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,