• Beauty • 1608 Mobile Beauty Services launches in Durban

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

Hiya everyone 

Let me introduce you to the ultimate luxury, getting a mani/pedi and massage in your own home!

1608 Beauty in Demand launched in Durban in December last year. They're pretty much brand new, but the small business is run by Yaseera is experienced in the industry and her lovely beauty therapists are plucked from hotels and spas around the KZN area. 

There's an awesome giveaway at the end of this post so make sure to enter if you would like to WIN an OPI Pamper Pedi at your home! 

Before I get into the review of my experience, let me tell you a little bit more about 1608 Beauty on Demand. Their services include:


Their treatments range from manis and pedis, to hair styling, makeup and massages. They also offer threading and waxes, that is the next service I will be getting as I hate going for a bikini wax at a salon! 

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

How fabulous is this set up? We made some space between by lounge and dining room, pumped up the aircon (it was so hot that day) and got going with my OPI Pamper Pedi and Neck/Back/Head Massage.

Samke and Zamoh were attentive to my needs, light-medium pressure for my massage and hard on my feet, friendly and great at what they do! They both come from a spa at an Umhlanga hotel so I was happy knowing they had experience working for an establishment that expects high standards.

Despite the set up being in my home, they made it as spa-like as possible, I love that they bought the OPI stand for the polishes, their own soft & fluffy towels and their storage ottomans were perfect to use as a makeshift table for the products. 

I am very happy with the service, I can be a fussy AF customer when it comes to treatments, especially massages, so I really do feel that if you had to request these ladies through 1608 you will be looked after very well.

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

I have never encountered the OPI Pro Spa products before, but I can now they they are heavenly scented and seem effective in performance!

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

I'm not usually an OPI Nail Lacquer fan, but the colours in the Lisbon Collection are stunning for summer! 

beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review

Thank you to Samke and Zamoh for the wonderful treatments and chats :)


beauty-durban-south africa-1608 beauty on demand-mobile beauty services-review
Pin me!

You can contact 1608 Beauty on Demand via email (info@1608beauty.co.za) or call Yaseera on 0810385634.

Now for the competition! 

Go check out my latest Instagram post (embedded below) and follow these steps:

  1. Like the photo
  2. Follow me (@cjanewonder) and 1608 (@1608beauty) on Insta
  3. Tag 2 Durban based friends in the comments

A post shared by Jane Wonder•Camilla Gildenhuys (@cjanewonder) on
*As 1608 is only available in Durban, this competition is available to Durban residents only


• Find me on social media •
Instagram: @CJaneWonder | Twitter: @CJaneWonder
Facebook: @CJaneWonder | YouTube: Camilla Jane Gild

I would really appreciate a follow!


Jane Wonder || Fashion and Beauty Blog || South Africa



*Disclaimer: I was gifted my services by 1608 in return for a review. The views on the post are not influenced by the sponsorship, they are true and my own.

Labels: , , , , , , ,